The Lil Smokies, masters of reimagining roots music, will be performing at the Vilar Performing Arts Center on Wednesday, February 5th. The show begins at 7:00 p.m. Tune in all week to KZYR 97.7 for a chance to win tickets to the show!
Get to know The Lil Smokies with these fun facts:
- The January edition of Bluegrass Today said that the band has caught fire and are "ready to break out."
- The band initially came together in Missoula, Montana, during the winter of 2009. Current members include: Scott Parker on bass, Jack Simpson on fiddle, Matt Rieger on guitar, Matt Cornette on banjo, and Andy Dunnigan on dobro.
- In 2015 the band won the Telluride Bluegrass Band competition and the 2016 IBMA Momentum Band of the Year award.
- The Lil Smokies have performed at the High Sierra, Telluride Bluegrass, DelFest, and FloydFest, as well as other festivals.
- The band recently released their new album, "Tornillo." According to Bluegrass Today, the songs on the album made it clear that the band has "made a quantum leap forward in terms of their musical maturity and the ability to turn their lively grassicana sound into music that can find added appeal in the mainstream."