Fireworks in Avon 2024
Bundle up, gather your friends and family for the second annual Fireworks in Avon over MLK Weekend! Enjoy free hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps (limited quantities available) and delight as the winter skies light up for Avon’s ten-minute fireworks extravaganza over Nottingham Lake on Saturday, January 13th, 2024.
Date: Saturday, January 13, 2024
Time: 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m.: Free Hot Cocoa and Peppermint Schnapps at the Avon Performance Pavilion (while supplies last)
- 6:00 p.m.: Fireworks Begin
Location: Harry A. Nottingham Park
Public Transportation & Parking:
The Town of Avon is introducing a new paid parking plan. It will provide free parking for the first three hours in the following locations: on-street parking in Town owned parking stalls on East Benchmark Road, West Benchmark Road, Riverfront Lane, Lake Street, West Beaver Creek Boulevard and Mikaela Way. Residents and guests will be required to pay $1 per hour beyond the initial three free hours.
The parking will be regulated between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. seven days a week, 365 days a year and is subject to change. There will continue to be no overnight parking from 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. without Avon Police Department approval.
- The use of public transportation is encouraged as well as walking or riding a bike to the park.
- When parking in Avon, look out for Avon’s parking signs with easy-to-read blue circles and “P” designation.
- Please note the Avon Elementary School Parking Lots will be temporarily closed.
- Avon buses and shuttles will be running their regularly scheduled routes.
- For more details the Avon Transit schedules are available here.
For more detailed information on Avon’s new paid parking plan, please visit the website.
Tips For Enjoying the Event and FAQ’s:
- Portions of Nottingham Park including the sections of recreation path will be closed starting on January 10th for set up.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Nottingham Lake will be closed to ice skating beginning at 2:30 p.m.
- There will not be any food or beverages for sale at the event. We will be handing out free hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps (21+ with State issued ID) at the Avon Performance Pavilion while supplies last. Check out Avon’s restaurants for dinner options before or after the event.
- If the event is canceled due to inclement weather there will be notifications through multiple channels such as Town of Avon Facebook and Instagram accounts, and website. Attending an event in a high-alpine environment means you should always be prepared with appropriate clothing and protective gear.
- Prohibited Items:
- Single use plastic bottles
- Weapons of any kind
- Illegal substances
- Laser pens and similar focused-light devices
- Personal Fireworks