This weekend the town of Avon is hosting the 970 AvonFest and Major League Triathlon! Events kick off on Friday, September 6th, from 4:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. in Nottingham Park. Activities continue on Saturday, September 7th, from 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. in Nottingham Park. In addition to the triathlon the event includes two free evening concerts. During the event expect road closures and public transportation delays. For more information on the event click here.
Traffic & parking information:
Friday, September 6th:
- At 6 a.m. Lake Street will be closed between Rec Center north lot and Benchmark Road.
- From 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. Riverfront Lane will be closed between the Benchmark Road/Lake Street intersection
Saturday, September 7th:
- At 6 a.m. Lake Street will be closed between the Rec Center north lot and Benchmark Road
- From 6 a.m. - 9 a.m. Riverfront Lane will be closed between the Benchmark Road/Lake Street intersection to Avon Road. Avon Road to Hwy 6 Roundabout 5 will also be closed; Roundabout 5 will be open with a modified traffic plan.
- From 9 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. Riverfront Lane will be closed between Benchmark Road/Lake Street intersection.
- At 7:30 p.m. Riverfront Lane and Lake Street will reopen.
Parking Lot Closures:
- The Rec Center west parking lot will be inaccessible during the Lake Street closure hours.
- The Old Town Hall east lot will be closed on Thursday, September 5th at 9 p.m.
Avon Transit Changes (Friday, September 6th & Saturday, September 7th).
- Lake Street will be closed, instead use the Rec Center bus stop located on Mikaela Way.
- For more information on road closures contact Elizabeth Wood, Marketing & Communications Manager; (970)748-4087