On Friday, September 13, Eagle County’s brand new Haymeadow Bike Trail will open to the public with a community ride at 5:30 pm, followed by a 7:30 pm after-party at the Dusty Book. After-party will include a showing of the movie “Single Track High.”
Please join the Eagle community and the local high school mountain bike team, the “Vail Valley Composite” kids for a great evening of fun and celebration of the public/private effort building the Haymeadow trail.
Why you should come to this “ribbon cutting:
1) if you have ever ridden a bike in Eagle county, come out and have some fun, support new bike trails being built in the area
2) learn about Eagle hosting the Colorado High School cycling league state championship race on Sunday, October 20th…think the Pro Cycling Challenge set up, but for high schooler’s and mountain biking
3) if you have ever raced in a Vail Rec series mountain bike race, you can cheer on the kids that have been in your category and now you don’t have to race against them, ie Clayton Davis, Quinten Cook, Anna Martin
4) learn how you can volunteer the day of the race and support the event in our community
4) come to the Dusty Boot in Eagle for the after party, to support the Vail team fundraiser and watch the movie “Single Track High” about high school mountain bike racing in Northern California. This was shown at the Go Pro Mountain games this summer
5) wish that you’d had a mountain bike team to race on in high school…support and live large through the local kids efforts…previous Colorado league state champion includes Christian Kloser
Go to the Colorado High School Cycling League for more information.
Click here for the August 2013 edition of the newsletter and race schedule, volunteer/course marshal/sweeper information.